Tuesday, October 3, 2006

Show 22: Autumn Leaves

That’s it... I tried my best to delay the end but – judging by the piles of dried leaves blowing around in the park across the street – summer is over... and autumn is here.


Song 1 : : Autumn Leaves
Artist : : The Three Suns
Album : : Movin’ ‘n Groovin’

Starting off like last week with The Three Suns. Complete info on the Three Suns website here.

* * *

Song 2 : : Autumn Leaves
Artist : : Dick Schory
Album : : Supercussion

Not my favorite Dick Schory album... but it suits our purposes this week. Cool clippings and info about Schory on this page from the Ames Historical Society.

* * *

Song 3 : : Autumn Leaves
Artist : : The Islanders
Album : : The Enchanted Sound of The Islanders

I love the sound of The Islanders... I like the whistling on several tunes on this album. This website says that “The Islanders are probably just the two producers, Frank Metis and Randy Starr, with maybe a little help from session musicians.”

* * *

Song 4 : : Autumn Leaves
Artist : : Ethel Azama
Album : : Exotic Dreams

Martin Denny produced this classic exotic record but I can’t say that I’m a huge fan of Ms. Azama’s voice... though there are some good things on the record.

No comments: